Our journey towards all things Chacos started about 13 years ago when David Peck, our Chief Chaco, decided to heed his family’s advice and pursue a career in the kitchen. After a working at some of the best restaurants in Baton Rouge (his hometown), David decided to pack his bags and venture to North Miami where he attended and later graduated with honors from Johnson and Wales. David has always been focused on cooking great food, working with awesome ingredients and working with amazing teams at some of the best restaurants around. Some of those restaurants include Mark Militello’s long standing namesake Mark’s Las Olas as well as places like Nobu Dallas, Nove Italiano (of the N9NE Group), a variety Chef positions with several new restaurants as well as Executive Chef for Morada Bay Beach Cafe and most recently Tap 42. Fort Lauderdale is an awesome city that David is proud to call home, and is even happier to open his own restaurant courtesy of the Chacos Ft. Lauderdale Food Truck. One thing is for sure-the passion and dedication to doing great food is second to none and you’ll certainly be impressed!
We’re all about being different and PROUD of it! We do what we do and do it well. We want you to have an amazing experience and do what we can to ensure your visit is amazing each and every time! Here are some details about us and what makes a Chaco Rock:
• Awesome Ingredients + Great Preparation=Amazing Food. A little creativty doesn’t hurt! We’re all about making sure the ingredients we use are the best, freshest and as respectfully chosen as possible. Whether it’s fresh local seafood, some of the amazing local produce or naturally raised beef, pork or chicken- we’re dedicated to using the best we can
• Southern Hospitality! A good Southern upbringing goes a long way towards making sure YOU get the best meal made just for YOU by people who are warm, welcoming, and happy to go the extra mile to make you feel good about being our guest. Just because we’re a Food Truck doesn’t mean we’re going to skimp on anything…especially Hospitality!
• Fresh Preparations – Our great ingredients mean very little unless they’re carefully prepared that day. We go the extra mile to prepare our food daily and make sure the quality is what you deserve.
• Value -Often times great food comes at a premium price. Luckily our food truck allows us to keep things reasonable and we’re dedicated towards passing that value along to you. We might not be the cheapest but you’re certainly going to get what you pay for – period!!!
• Unique – we all know there are tacos everywhere. Some are great but none are CHACOS! Our flavor combinations are defintiely one off and strive to keep your taste buds blazing with flavor!